More about your realtor...
First, you need to know that I am a driven, hard working person. I don't back down from a challenge, and I take advantage of opportunities to learn and build skills. Second, you should know I like people. I am a social guy, whether I am coaching basketball, volunteering in the community, spending time with friends and family, or working with clients, I like being part of a team. Third, you need to know that I am loyal. I support clients and professional colleagues, forming networks and relationships that strengthen the real estate process and our local communities. I am counted on to coach basketball for toddler to teenage athletes. And fourth, I am going to share my knowledge of real estate with you. I completed a Bachelor of Education from the University of Alberta. As a former teacher, I am always seeking knowledge and knowledge sharing moments. I keep myself up to date on building and developments and housing trends in Alberta. I strive to make sure that my clients become more educated buyers and sellers as a direct result of the way we work together.
Community Engagement and Charity Work
A home is not just a building - it is part of a community. Above being a realtor, I remain active in my community, whether coaching basketball or volunteering. Below are some ways that I participate at home in Calgary.
VOLUNTEER BASKETBALL COACHING & CAMPS
- 2002-present - basketball coach for various school-based teams in Edmonton, Stony Plain, Evansburg, Spruce Grove, St. Albert, and Calgary. My nearest-Olympic-accomplishment in sports was in 2013, when our team made it to the provincial championships! I currently coach a Calgary high school senior varsity team.
- 2017-present - Applesauce Basketball Academy. I created and developed an extracurricular basketball education program for 5-12 year old athletes, which has been successfully training basketball enthusiasts, using models of education, physical mobility, and confidence building in sports.
VOLUNTEER & CHARITABLE WORK
- 2017 - Espy Run for Prostate Cancer. An organized run to raise money for the Calgary Prostate Cancer Centre (CPCC).
- 2017 - TEDX Calgary. Volunteer for this event focusing on professional excellence in Calgary.
- 2016 - Calgary Film Festival. Volunteer fundraiser for this independent, local arts event.
- 2015 - Hair for Cancer, Canadian Cancer Society. I grew my hair and then donated it to a charity that makes wigs for people who have lost their hair as a result of cancer treatments.
- 2013 - Run for the Cure. 5km run raising money for breast cancer research.